DUNAJEC GORGE RAFTING on the wooden rafts:
.:The Dunajec river flows through the Pieniny Mountains of southern Poland and forms part of the border between Poland and the northern part of Slovakia. These limestone mountains are quite impressive and are part of the Pieniny National Park. Perhaps the park`s most famous summit is the Trzy Korony, (The Three Crowns) which rise 982 metres above sea level. The river makes seven wide loops during its 18-kilometre journey through the Dunajec Gorge and the tourists who partake in a rafting trip will enjoy over two hours of stunning sights before they reach the final station in Szczawnica. Rafting through the Dunajec Gorge on the wooden rafting boat is perfectly safe and leisure activity for everyone, that takes place on traditional wooden rafts that have been in the operation in the area for centuries and were originally used for transportation of goods and people. If you like an additional thrill choose the pontoon (or kayak) option which let you spend two hours ride in a more active way with a lot of fun and... wet clothes.
DUNAJEC RIVER RAFTING from Zakopane
.: Rafting on the traditional wooden rafts through the one of the most beautiful gorge in Europe - must do day trip to the Pieniny Mountains (50 km far from Zakopane) that visits some of the most popular attractions of the local area.
BASIC ITINERARY of the Day Trip from Zakopane organized by the STRAMA:
- 9.30 - a departure from Zakopane - our bus leaves from the car park at Balzera 19 Street and stops at several stops in Zakopane,
- 11.00 - a short stop in the tiny village of Debno Podhalanskie and visiting the XV century wooden chapel - the only monument in our region which is on the UNESCO list,
- 11.45 - an hour and a half stop in the village of Niedzica, situated on the former Polish Hungarian border, with the 14th-century Hungarian castle (visiting the castle is not included) and the modern dam on the river, which is a nice viewpoint,
- 13.15 - drive to the nearby town of Sromowce Kąty - you can go to the toilet there and buy something to drink and / or eat before the rafting,
- 13.45 - rafting down the Dunajec Gorge on traditional wooden rafts,
- 15.45 / 16.15 - free time in the spa town of Szczawnica,
- 17.00 - departure to Zakopane,
- 19.00 - arrival in Zakopane.
TRIP PRICE: 142 PLN for adults and 111 PLN for kids under 10. The price includes: coach transfer, rafting, tour leader, entrance to the church.
You can easily book the trip online - Dunajec Gorge Rafting or directly in the STRAMA Tourist Office:
- 19b Oswalda Balzera Street | Opening Hours:
- Monday - Friday 9.00-19.00
- Saturday 9.00-17.00
- Sunday 11.00-19.00
- +48 18 20 116 46
I highly recommend the STRAMA company, which has been organizing bus day trips for many years. Strama trips are organized with coaches with air conditioning, and the groups are looked after by the guides. Although sightseeing information is provided in Polish, tourists receive basic information printed in English and the tour-leaders are always ready to help.