practical information on the town of Zakopane and the region (since 2003)
Szymoszkowa ski centre - Zakopane Polana Szymoszkowa street
skiZakopane.com - private ski lesson & ski courses * ski trainings on Kasprowy Wierch * ski transfers to Białka Tatrzańska
Ski pistes for beginners: |
B gentle one of 400m /60m elevation difference/ with four person chair lift
Altius suggestions: we do not recommend Szymoszkowa for the first ski day in your life but it is great slope for the next days
Ski pistes for intermediate skiers:
A ski slope of 1.500m /280 m elevation difference/ with modern, six persons chair lift
Altius suggestions: we like this slope - comfortable chair lift and great view on Tatras. Try to get there at 9.00am for it become very busy just after 10.30. And remember please: do not stop in the middle of the slope for it is rather narrow and some skiers and snowboarders go faster then they should.
,Ski school: yes; English speaking ski and snowboard instructors
Ski rental: yes, Salomon ski and snowboard equipment; prices: from 40 PLN per day for the ski equipment and from 45 for the snowboard equipment
Kinder garden: yes
Parking: free car park
How to get there: by minibus
Szymoszkowa or by a taxi
Price list for the ski season 2014/2015:
Ski passes (magnetic cards and paper tickets with the bar code):
- all day ski pass - 90 PLN
- Morning ski pass (from 09:00 until 14:00) - 70 PLN
- Afternoon ski pass (from 14:00 until 20:00) - 55 PLN
- Evening ski pass (from 18:00 until 20:00) - 25 PLN
- two-days ski pass - 150 PLN
- three-days ski pass - 210 PLN
- One run ticket - small chairlift (only skiers and snowboarders): 3,50 PLN
- One run ticket - big chairlift (only skiers and snowboarders): 7 PLN
- ATTENTION! DEPOSIT FOR A CARD – 10 PLN - you can buy any number of points for this card. The deposit for this card is returned together with an undamaged card. Return of unused points is due on the end of season 2011/2012.
- ATTENTION! The Small cableway isn't transporting tourists, only skiers and snowboarders!
- Note! during the New Year period (22.12.2012 - 10.01.2013)
ski passes all day / morning / afternoon / evening / two-days / three-days cost: 99 / 85 / 65 / 30 / 170 / 240 PLN
Accommodation in the SZYMOSZKOWA ski centre vicinity:
Hotel Mercure Kasprowy - you can put on your skis in the hotel for it is situated right on the slope! Huge, rooms with balconies (most overlooking Tatra Mountains) - indoor swimming pool, sauna, night club...
Bellamonte Aparthotel is located 15 minutes walk from the Szymoszkowa slopes as well as from the Krupowki centre.
The ski in and ski out facility was great for the family - we went down to breakfast in our gear just wearing ski socks on our feet and then padded down to hire our boots, without needing to leave the building.
Bellamonte Aparthotel features a host of facilities to meet your individual needs. A 24/7 reception is at your disposal. Jacuzzi, sauna and a fitness centre are available, as is free on-site parking.
The apartment was very big. The beds were good. There was a free fitness, sauna, wirhlpool. The staff was friendly helpful. The location is good if a bit hard to find.