practical information on the town of Zakopane and the region (since 2003)
DISCOVER ZAKOPANE.COM- TRAVEL GUIDE TO ZAKOPANE AND TATRA MOUNTAINS
SLEIGH RIDE in Zakopane and in the Tatra Valleys
SKI & SNOWBOARD COURSES for beginners (2-6 days)
Zakopane SNOWMOBILE trips and expeditions
QUICK START - half a day ski course for beginners
Upcoming EVENTS in Zakopane
- Zakopane Cup for every skiers over 18 years old - 13 DEC Szymoszkowa, 17 JAN Harenda, 7 FEB Gubalowka and 28 February Kasprowy Wierch;
- December 25th - February 2nd - the Festival of Christmas Carols and Songs;
- December 27th - the New Year's Eve Race for cross country skiers;
- January 17th and 18th - SKI JUMPING WORLD CUP;
- January 18th - WORLD SNOW DAY - snow games and competitions for children
Good to know before arrival
- The ski season in Zakopane usually begins around Christmas and lasts until the end of March, however some small ski slopes are often open from the first days of December.
- The correct name of our town is ZAKOPANE (not Zacopane, Zakopan, etc.)
- Local people (especially older ones) like to be greeted with
Dzien Dobry (Good Morning).
- The various colors of the trails in Tatra National Park don't indicate the degree of difficulty.
ACCOMMODATION in ZAKOPANE
our WINTER OFFERS for groups of 10 or more:
news from Zakopane can be found on our Fan Page Discover Zakopane:
If you need any information about our hometown you can ask your question here: