practical information on the town of Zakopane and the region (since 2003)
DISCOVER ZAKOPANE.COM- TRAVEL GUIDE TO ZAKOPANE AND TATRA MOUNTAINS
DUNAJEC RIVER RAFTING on the traditional, wooden rafts
DUNAJEC RIVER RAFTING on the pontoons
Tickets for Kasprowy Wierch cable car (without queuing!)
GUIDED TOURS in the Tatra National Park
Upcoming EVENTS in Zakopane
- July 6th - August 31st at the Municipal Art Gallery (Miejska Galeria Sztuki) at 41 Krupowki street - RUBENS in ZAKOPANE - almost 80 prints from P.P. Ruben’s workshop belonging to the Siegerland Museum, one of the largest collections in Europe, will be on display at the Municipal Art Gallery in July and August, 2014.
- 23 - 30 August - INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL of HIGHLAND FOLKLORE in Zakopane, the most important cultural event organized in Zakopane every summer, since 1965
Good to know before arrival
- The various colors of the trails in Tatra National Park don't indicate the degree of difficulty.
- Krupówki Street is the absolute center. You will find here most of the shops, restaurants, pubs etc.
- Local people (especially older ones) like to be greeted with
Dzien Dobry (Good Morning).
- The ski season in Zakopane usually begins in late December (around Christmas) and lasts until the end of March.
ACCOMMODATION in ZAKOPANE
our SUMMER OFFERS for groups of 10 or more:
- PONTOON RAFTING through the magnificent Dunajec River Gorge, TATRA ADVENTURE – daily trip with a Tatra guide, FOLK EVENINGS regional dinners with a band, funny contests and dancing shows and QUAD BIKES RIDES - a real adventure in the mountain scenery >>>
- DAY TRIPS from Krakow to Zakopane with cable car ride, horse and carriage rides, bike trips and Dunajec River rafting on the traditional, wooden rafts >>>
- Summer holidays in Zakopane for families - child friendly hotels, pensiosa and villas (cottages) for rent in Zakopane and in neighboring villages >>>
- Summer holidays in Zakopane for groups of friends - outdoor activities, group-friendly accommodation, restaurants, transfers >>>
- Trekkings in the Tatra National Park with accommodation in the mountain shelters, transfers, guide services tc. >>>
- Activities recommended in Zakopane and in the Tatra National Park for school groups, scouts and students >>>
news from Zakopane can be found on our Fan Page Discover Zakopane:
If you need any information about our hometown you can ask your question here: